National Examination Information
Information regarding enrolling for the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine certification exam can be obtained through the Registrar’s Office.
National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
76 South Laura Street, Suite 1290,
Jacksonville, FL 32202.
Licensure in Texas
The Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners requires all professionals seeking licensure to take and pass the full NCCAOM exam. Full documentation of the legal requirements for licensure in Texas can be obtained directly from:
Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners
P.O. Box 2018, MC-231,
Austin, Texas 78768
Phone: (512) 305-7030
Licensure in California
ACAOM graduates are also able to sit-in on California licensing examination. The legal requirements for licensure in California and entry into the profession can be obtained directly from:
California Acupuncture Board
1747 N. Market Blvd., Suite 180,
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 515-5200
Licensure in Other States
Students who graduate from ACAOM may be able to practice in many other states, as well. For specific requirements, please contact the individual state directly.
Jobs at ACAOM
- Upon obtaining your license, graduates can apply to work at the ACAOM Professional Clinic. Interested candidates may fill out an application form at the front desk of the ACAOM Professional Clinic.
- Full time and part time faculty positions are currently available in Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Must hold at least a Doctoral Degree or terminal degree in the area of instruction from an accredited institution of higher education or the educational equivalent
- Must have at least five years of work, research, or teaching experience in the area of instruction
- Must meet all requirements state in job specification
- Any exception to the above must be approved by the Board of Governors
*Clinical faculty must also hold a Texas State license as an Acupuncturist and Oriental Medicine practitioner
Interested applicants may submit their resumes electronically to [email protected] or to:
9100 Park West Dr.
Houston, TX 77063