ACAOM Clinics On-Campus & At Houston Methodist Hospitals
American College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine’s affiliated Clinic has been in operation since 1991 and is the only acupuncture and herbal clinic affiliated with a specialized Oriental medicine institution in Houston. There are many benefits that the clinic provides, including the following:
- The ACAOM main campus facility treats approximately 1,000 patients per month and has treated 135,385 patients since 2005, which gives the college tremendous amounts of experience.
- The clinic has over 10 faculty members supervising each week, which allows for case discussion and best practices.
- The college has research experience with Baylor College of Medicine, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Houston Methodist Hospital, University of Houston, and other medical institutions, which allows the college to continuously refine its treatment protocols based on evidence and research based data.
- The college’s eight sister schools in China and Taiwan allow for faculty exchanges, which allows patients to benefit from best practices of other countries.
- The college is a teaching clinic, which ensures that Clean Needle Techniques, HIPAA (confidentiality), and other rules and regulations are strictly emphasized.
More than 90 conditions are treated at the ACAOM Clinic. The most common condition treated at the college clinic is pain management, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, tennis elbow, arthritis pain, knee pain, sports injury and others. Women’s health and internal medicine cases are also very common, along with stress management and low immunity.
ACAOM On-Campus Clinic Costs & Appointments
Treatments are $45 per visit for supervised intern treatments. Discounts available for seniors, public service workers, veterans, students and alumni.
Treatments are $70 for licensed professionals. Click here for a list of ACAOM’s practitioners.
Call 713-780-9786 for an appointment.
Services Provided: Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Cupping, Moxibustion, and Tui-Na
Opens Monday through Saturday
Driving directions to ACAOM Clinic
Houston Methodist Hospitals Costs & Appointments
Treatments are $45 per visit for public members. Discounts available for Houston Methodist employees.
Call 713-441-5980 for an appointment.
Services Provided: Acupuncture
Corporate Employee Wellness
Discounts available for participating corporations. Discounts are not applicable towards herbal prescriptions. Employee will need to provide employee ID number when scheduling an appointment. Corporate employee discounts are offered to:
- Houston Methodist employees
- Texas Children Hospital employees
Call 713-780-9786 for an appointment at ACAOM On-Campus Clinic
Call 713-441-5980 for an appointment at Houston Methodist Hospitals
Any corporations wish to participate in the Corporate Employee Wellness Program please contact ACAOM via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-780-9777
Everyone from check-in to the skilled interns and doctors are helpful and dedicated to helping you. Most importantly what they do works and with no side effects other than improved health. Thank you … Read more
went in post knee injury treatment. After three sessions and herbal pills my inflammation subsided.
Love this place!
No pain at night in almost 6 months. Dr. Dong is very polite and did a great job. Thx!
I am so happy i bought this deal! i have always wanted to try acupuncture. i’m still going and paying with my student discount and will recommend this school and the treatments to my clients and frien… Read more
I have no pain after receiving only 2 acupuncture treatments from Jiangxi How and I am trained in western medicine. It amazes me that I am pain-free after suffering for over a year.
I always look forward to my acupuncture appointments because it naturally heals the body and takes away the aches and pains. The staff at ACAOM is always knowledgeable and friendly.