Overview and Purpose
The goal of the graduate level Certificate in Wellness Management is to train individuals to be a healthcare and wellness manager/director with a focus to maintain wellness programs for companies, hospitals, or wellness centers. The wellness certificate is a 2 semesters long. The certificate consists of 11 credits in the following topics:
Introduction to Integrative Wellness
Theories and Principles of Health Promotion
Physical Activity & Stress Management
Integrative Nutrition & Dietetics|
Integrative Wellness Coaching
Prerequisite for Admissions
To be eligible for admissions, prospective students must meet the following conditions:
1.A bachelor‘s degree or equivalent (120 semester credit hours with at least 30 semester credit hours of general education and 30 semester hours being upper-level) from college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency that is approved by the U.S. Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
2.An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or a 3.0 GPA on the last 60 semester hours. A student who has earned a master degree may be admitted on the basis of that degree with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Tuition & Financial Aid
$432 per didactic or clinic credit hour. Estimated tuition and fees for the entire education: $4,752 + fees. Financial student loans and grants are not available for this program.
- Complete the application form
- Submit a digital photograph.
- Submit official transcripts* directly to ACAOM from all colleges previously attended.
- If any transcript is from an international institution and it cannot be determined that all academic requirements for admission have been satisfied, then a professional, “course-by-course” credit evaluation of the academic transcript is required. Any agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) can be used, such as, wes.org, www.spantran.com, www.gceus.com, etc…
- Write a personal statement: a one-page, type-written essay discussing your passion and goal towards the program.
- Secure two recommendations from current or previous employers or other responsible individuals who have known you for more than 2 years.
- Provide a copy of valid personal identification (passport, driver‘s license, etc…).
- Enclose a non-refundable application fee of $100 payable to ACAOM by the application deadline.
- Interviews conducted by Admissions Committee (if necessary).
Additional Requirements for International Students
ACAOM is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students. Submit proof of financial responsibility, either in the form of a bank statement or affidavit of support showing a guaranteed support of one year‘s cost of attendance. Please contact the Admissions‘ office to obtain an affidavit of support form.
Requirements for International Students
This program is 100% online. Therefore, international students cannot be issued an I-20 for this program.