Graduate Certificate in Chinese Herbology
The goal of the Graduate Certificate in Chinese Herbology is to educate students in herbal medicine. These courses will be at the graduate level consistent with the courses for the Master of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine.
Your Future Career
Each state will have its own regulations related to the practice of herbal medicine. Upon graduation, the purpose of this program is the following:
1. Allow acupuncture practitioners from other states who did not have any herbal courses to be qualified to take the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine herbal medicine module.
2. Allow graduates to sell herbs that are prescribed by licensed acupuncturists.
3. Work in facilities that sell herbs.
4. Conduct research.
5. Work in herb manufacturing companies.
Overview of the Program
Once enrolled in the certificate program, you will participate in didactic courses and clinical training. The program includes 66 total credits. You will learn herbology extensively (361 regular points, 300 herbs, 200 formulas), and herbal clinical training. For more detailed plan and course descriptions, please fill out the form “Request Info” on this page.
Length of the Program and Schedule
One of the benefits of our program is its flexibility. Although the 66 credit degree program is intended to be completed in 7 semesters, you can complete the program in 10 semesters if necessary. Most of the courses are in the evenings while clinical training is in the daytime and Saturdays.
To begin the application process, click APPLY.
- Scholarship and Admissions Deadlines
- Viewbook: an introduction of our school at a glanc
- Fact Sheet: program information at a glance
- MIWM Program Brochure
- Email [email protected] to get your transcript evaluated for potential transfer credits
- Call 713-780-9777 to schedule a campus tour, observe a class, speak to one of our students or faculty
- Call 713-780-9777 to try out a treatment at our clinic
- APPLY NOW